Tuesday, April 13, 2010

review concert

I listened Saran Chang's violin concert at Esplanade in 26 Mar 2010. I was expectable about this concert since I got ticket because I never listen her performance in concert hall. That time, She played Bruch's violin concerto no.1 in G minor. I sat rear of concert hall but I can clearly listen her violin sound that has rich emotions. Her performance is fantastic. Especially, I like her music and timbre. Maybe this piece is too familiar for her so her music is very fascinating. Her timbre is also very rich and has all kind of colour so her music isn't single, you can hear much things from her playing.
The another hand, I don't like some thing about her performance such as her body action that is too exaggeration. Sometime I think her action didn't agree her music.
Basically, I appreciated her performance!

1 comment:

  1. That's quite an interesting observation, Zhong Qian, to feel that at times, the player's movements somehow don't seem to match the music she is playing. It's as if what we see doesn't quite match what we hear and feel, which means that we do have our own idea of what we expect to see from the performer. Could it be that this is the way she responds physically to the music, in the same way that some people use their hands a lot when they speak, whilst others don't?

    ReplyDelete